1. What did you do to help with the Utah 2019 Tax Referendum? Not only was I an active opponent of this tax law, especially after I read every page of it. I was one of the first candidates to sign it in front of the news press conference. I also spent countless hours gathering signatures, and leading my team to do the same.
2. What is your position of taxes on food and gasoline? The same as the founders of our country. Taxation should never be on basic necessities, such as food, income or property. We should only have a consumption tax, with abolishing both the income and property tax scams.
3. What if any taxes would you implement on services and why? My solutions for revenue, especially after we ban the two most immoral forms of taxes, property and income. Is to increase the oil production once again within our state. As well as instituting a state lottery, and starting a state bank. Using the profits from that State bank. My solutions are voluntary for the most part.
4. Many Utahns felt that after the town halls and committee meetings that the legislative tax task force held throughout 2019 that their concerns were not heard and that special interests wielded too much influence. On the other hand, many legislators felt that the people didn’t understand the issue or the solutions that they put forth. If elected, how would you respond to the concerns and issues that your constituents bring to you and how would you educate them on the issues you are dealing with? First thing is first, we must tell the people the truth for once. The only special interest I saw in this law was one of foreign influence. As well as the Utah Swamp’s Inland Port project, which received 8 million dollars from 2019 alone. We must drain the swamp and get rid of all the swamp critters that refuse to read and understand the Constitution. For more information regarding the foreign influence. Please see the 2019 US Senate investigation report on the CCP’s (Chinese Communist Party) 1000 Talent Agenda.
5. Are you willing to vote against bills that legislative leadership wants you to support even when threatened with losing coveted committee positions, having your legislation held hostage, etc? ExplainI would, if I was running for the legislature. As Governor I would be using the power of the veto pin a lot!
6. Are you in favor of the Utah School Income Tax Constitutional Amendment that will be voted on in November? Why or not. No! We are losing millions per year to the surrounding state’s lotteries. We need a State Lottery and have 100% of the profits dedicated to the schools and higher pay to our teachers.
7. Name one reason you are the best candidate for the position you signed for. Simple I am the only true conservative, with unbending principles. Who will Drain the Utah Swamp, once and for all! I am the only candidate not connected to the Utah Swamp.
Allow me to first begin with the facts. I have always been against tax hikes in general. In fact I ran against John Curtis for Provo Mayor, due to all of his tax hikes. Same with tax and spend Curt Bramble for the State Senate. Or every year that the Utah Swamp raises the gas tax and sales tax dollars. I am also opposed to their mismanagement of those dollars. Many of my opponents will claim that they were against the so called tax reform in December, but were they really? Aimee Winder Newton was for it, before she “changed her mind” and was against it, then choose a running mate that argued against the claim that it was the biggest tax hike in Utah’s history. Birmingham claims that he was against it for 6 months before the passage of it in December, then chooses a running mate that not only voted for the legislation, but was extremely nasty and verbal afterwards defending his vote. Hughes in a town hall, blamed it all on the Medicaid expansion and defended his friends for not having any other choice. Huntsman increase taxes, despite getting rid of the food tax when he was governor. Cox actually did support the so called reform, since he is a mold of his boss Herbert. Then Wright has always supported the Swamp critters that has raised our taxes throughout the years.
After reading the legislation itself as well as the legislation that creates the Inland Port, and expands the Inland Port in 2019. SB2001 (the biggest tax hike in Utah’s history) was drafted solely to fund their special interest project known as the Inland Port. SB2001 would have raised our gas and sales taxes highest in the nation, as well as applying sales tax at the gas pump. Can you say double dipping? It created sales tax revenue on every single services within this state, as well as recreated the tax on food. It created added regulation at the refineries and all mining, raised all the prices and taxes on alcohol, etc. Sure it cut .03 cents on the dollar, but they also eliminated all the tax credits that anyone of us currently enjoys! It had zero additional funding for k-12, and yet did increase funding for higher education. Please see the 2019 US Senate investigation report on the CCP’s (Chinese Communist Party) agenda.
After laying before you the facts of the circumstances. My solutions as the only non-swamp candidate seeking to drain the Utah Swamp is simple. Yes, Medicaid expansion is part of the problem.
- We must fully implement zero base budgeting in all departments. Zero base budgeting is exactly how we budget within our homes and businesses. That is we take the revenue coming in, and pay the most important functions of government first and foremost. If we don’t have enough for something, then we have to cut.
- We institute a state lottery to fund education only, which would pay our teachers a competing wage. We need to stop losing millions of revenue to our surrounding States.
- Create a State Bank, and use all the profits to fund government. The only state in the country to do so is South Dakota, which has the lowest income and property tax throughout the nation. Please see my website for more information. WWW.DRAINTHEUTAHSWAMP.COM
As you see my solutions are voluntary, and liberty oriented, especially with my promises to repeal and ban two of the most immoral forms of taxation there is, Income and Property tax. Please vote for me in the upcoming Republican State Convention if you can or help spread the word to all those you know online about this movement to Drain the Utah Swamp.